Unable to block spam email

Jtk

Reaction score
I have blocked emails from RX many times a day and they keep coming to my inbox. How can I stop them?

Reaction score
What process are you using to block emails? Getting rid of spam is an unnecessarily convoluted, and not very user-friendly process. But there are ways to make it easier. Tell me what you've tried and I'll tell you what to try next.

Jtk

Reaction score
What process are you using to block emails? Getting rid of spam is an unnecessarily convoluted, and not very user-friendly process. But there are ways to make it easier. Tell me what you've tried and I'll tell you what to try next.
I have moved the spam into the Junk folder and used the Block Sender function. They just send me more spam from different emails.

Reaction score
Okay, here's what to do next.
Open Mail. Under Mail go to --> Settings then click on --> Rules
On the far right click on Add Rule.
Change the Description: to something besides Rule 2. Name it whatever, you'll eventually have a lot of these.
The next step is key. Make sure you check any. Then check From. Then check contains.
Contains will fill with the entire email address of the offending junk. Edit this entry down to something after the @ that looks unique. Might be a weird spelling, a fake company name, whatever. I had a lot coming in from (e-mail address removed), so I cut the identifier down to wizmart.
Click Perform the following actions: and choose Delete Message. Click OK. A pop up will ask if you want to apply the action to the current mailbox. Click YES.

You may have to do this a number of times until you accumulate enough rules to cover most of your junk spam. But it does become a game after awhile. I recommend that you not make a new rule for every spammer – that list grows pretty quickly. Instead, the next time you want to add a spam address, click on an existing rule and then click Edit. You now get to add an address to that same rule (think of rules as folders).

You can now bulk delete junk. Go to your junk mail box. Select all. Then do a two-finger tap to bring up an action menu, go to the bottom and click Apply Rules. If you've been adding rules for awhile, a whole bunch of your spam mails will evaporate. It might take a week or two to grow your list of rules, but then it becomes a Whack-A-Mole game. One of my emails had 64 pieces in the junk box. I selected them all, applied my rules ... and was left with one, and that one wasn't actually junk.

I know this seems like a lot, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually kind of fun to trap the rats.

1680035512173.png

Jtk

Reaction score
Okay, here's what to do next.
Open Mail. Under Mail go to --> Settings then click on --> Rules
On the far right click on Add Rule.
Change the Description: to something besides Rule 2. Name it whatever, you'll eventually have a lot of these.
The next step is key. Make sure you check any. Then check From. Then check contains.
Contains will fill with the entire email address of the offending junk. Edit this entry down to something after the @ that looks unique. Might be a weird spelling, a fake company name, whatever. I had a lot coming in from (e-mail address removed), so I cut the identifier down to wizmart.
Click Perform the following actions: and choose Delete Message. Click OK. A pop up will ask if you want to apply the action to the current mailbox. Click YES.

You may have to do this a number of times until you accumulate enough rules to cover most of your junk spam. But it does become a game after awhile. I recommend that you not make a new rule for every spammer – that list grows pretty quickly. Instead, the next time you want to add a spam address, click on an existing rule and then click Edit. You now get to add an address to that same rule (think of rules as folders).

You can now bulk delete junk. Go to your junk mail box. Select all. Then do a two-finger tap to bring up an action menu, go to the bottom and click Apply Rules. If you've been adding rules for awhile, a whole bunch of your spam mails will evaporate. It might take a week or two to grow your list of rules, but then it becomes a Whack-A-Mole game. One of my emails had 64 pieces in the junk box. I selected them all, applied my rules ... and was left with one, and that one wasn't actually junk.

I know this seems like a lot, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually kind of fun to trap the rats.

View attachment 4660
Really helpful. Thank you.

Jtk

Reaction score
OK, emails stopped coming for a bit but they have started again. My problem is that each, even thought the subject and appearance are identical, they all have different address".
here are a few of the many I have received.

(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

Any Ideas? thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

You can also use rules as follows:
Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 16.22.26.png

You can just add the ending part of the domain like the bottom three to catch multiple domains. But, make sure you don't use ends with .com or .net, as that will block every email that coms from those TLDs (Top Level Domains) like gmail.com or comcast.net for example. ;)

C

Jtk

Reaction score
Hi,

You can also use rules as follows:
View attachment 4680
You can just add the ending part of the domain like the bottom three to catch multiple domains. But, make sure you don't use ends with .com or .net, as that will block every email that coms from those TLDs (Top Level Domains) like gmail.com or comcast.net for example. ;)

C
Totally get that, thank you. However I get a dozen of these a day and there is almost nothing in common in the subject, or from. They all show up as Blue Power in the from heading but the actual from is a unique address.

Ask a Question