Typing problem

Reaction score
A baby typed on my MacBook keyboard. He must have pushed some kind of combination. Now I can't type properly. While I'm typing the text goes blue every once in a while (it automatically takes a word or all of the text in to block) so if I continue typing I will delete the text. How can I turn this off again?

Reaction score
Check the settings in System Preferences > Universal Access, maybe mouse keys or sticky keys.

Reaction score
The problem seems to come and go. I get to write normally after restarting the machine. Sometimes longer, sometimes only for a short while. --- Now it's back :) It almost seemed to appear after I paused to think for a minute.

I checked the menu, didn't see anything particular there.

Reaction score
You aren't accidentally brushing the trackpad while your thoughts are else where? I used to do this a lot and found the same symptoms.

Reaction score
I thought about that possibility myself too. But why would it start so suddenly now? It's not like I couldn't hold my hands in the air any more :) Besides when it starts it happens in every sentence. Or is that supposed to block text and move back in text once I've touched the trackpad while typing?

Reaction score
Do you use Tap to Click, maybe thats been turned on and would make a difference.

Reaction score
I do use tap. But I've had this laptop for 4,5 years and never had this problem before. It did appear right after the baby played on the keyboard & mouse.

PS. You're being very helpful, thank you.

Reaction score
That would have made it easy to see if it was Hardware of a local user problem.

Try deleting Library > Preferences > com.apple.trackpad.plist

its name may differer a little.

Reaction score
I went through the content list 3 times but could find the name or anything related to trackpad. I haven't used my laptop much for the past 2 days, but I haven't had that problem occurring either.

Ask a Question