Typing problem

Reaction score
When I'm typing the cursor sometimes automatically moves to a location earlier in the sentence I'm writing. Since I type fast, by the time I realize it's happened I've already typed several letters and the sentence gets all screwed up. Sometimes it automatically highlights a whole section of text and then when I type it deletes and replaces it with the next text. Of course I can just hit command-z to undo these errors, but its a hugely annoying problem. At first I thought the problem might be caused by my palm accidentally hitting the trackpad, but now I'm careful to lift my hands well above the trackpad when I type and it still happens.
Has anyone ever heard of this problem? Any clue how to address it?
I'm guessing my computer is simply old (2007), its a hardware problem, and since my computer is beyond warranty. I'm planning to get a new computer when I'm back in the USA this summer. But I was hoping in the mean time there might be some way to fix this infuriatingly annoying problem which gets in the way of doing just the simplest everyday tasks on my computer.

By the way, I have a 2007 MacBook laptop computer.

Reaction score
You may find an Apple Service Centre can still repair it. The concern is that to may be the battery expanding up to flex the trackpad, ensure the battery is in good order.

Ask a Question