Automatic repeated typing of a character

Reaction score
Hi.

Hard to choose a forum for this question both general and particular.

I wish, after opening an inDesign file, to automatically hit the same character within a configurable time (about 1/4 second), and that about 16 000 times. With Automator and / or an Apple script, is this possible?

(For info and in summary, the characters hit "push" the characters of a block on the path of a spiral. A screen video copy is made during the process, then accelerated.)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

That would be above my experience level with Automator/AppleScript, but the folks over at MacScripter may be able to help.

Let us know if they suggest a resolution,

C

Reaction score
Eventually I used Auto Keyboard. For what I had to do, rather than going forward , I completed the text (multi copy-paste) and I went backward, automatically typing erase at regular intervalls. I saw some Apple scripts doing that, but it's simpler if you haven't to program, unless you love to do that...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution. Thanks for letting us know, as it may benefit someone in the future.

Be well,

C

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution. Thanks for letting us know, as it may benefit someone in the future.

Be well,

C

As I said, Auto Keyboard was a solution. I've been in contact with a Typinator guy who told me they plan to implement such feature in a next upgrade.
At this address you can see the project, yet not finished (must be acceleratedafter beginning and before the end). Lanvon.bzh/Spirale3-7500.mp4

Ask a Question