Turn of being notified every time a calendar event is added.

Howard Brazee

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I started getting notifications on my iPhone every time a new calender event is added or an old one is changed. I don't get them on my iPad, and my wife doesn't get them on her iPhone despite using the same calendars. I notice that opening a calender there or on my Mac, I have in-messages which I don't remember getting before.

I looked at my wife's iCloud notifications and everything is turned on. I turned everything off on mine except for Upcoming Events.

I did click on calendar on my wife's phone and noticed that at the bottom, where it says "Calendars" on mine - it says " ! Calendars" on hers.

I don't want to be notified every time an event is added or changes - I only want to be notified when the calendar event says to notify me.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which versions of iOS on all of the iPads/iPhones?
-Are you both using the same iCloud account, or separate ones with shared calendars?

C

Howard Brazee

Reaction score
Everything's current, and we are using my wife's account. I went to an Apple Store and found the setting I needed. I open the calendars app on my phone, open "calendars", click on (i) next to a calendar, slide "Show Changes " off, then click on "Done", Then repeat with other caoendars.

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent...glad you found solution.

Thanks for letting us know.

C

Ask a Question