Trouble with secure online connections

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know if this is software or hardware related.
More and more I get a "Privacy error" when I try to bring up a site on Google. The https has 2 red lines crossing it:

Your connection is not private​

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.callforentry.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

I get an "Advanced" button to select which often allows me to continue to the site, but this is becoming annoying.
What do I do about it? Is it my older OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6 operating system? The trouble there is, I believe I have to keep it in order to continue using my Adobe 6 software. Is there another fix? Thanks for your help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

It is a software issue. Because OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan is so old, the security certificates have begun to expire/have expired and are not compatible with today's standards. The only way to fix it is to upgrade OX X/macOS. You would then also need to upgrade your Adobe software as well.

C

Ask a Question