Trackball freezes

Reaction score
I think this is a software issue but not 100% sure.

Recently, the cursor will not move - it freezes. Sometimes the entire keyboard is unoperable, but usually just the keyboard.

I remove and reinstall cable, check the light on my Kensington trackball (sometimes it is off - no power - but this freeze also happens when the trackball is getting power.

Usually, the cursor unfreezes after a minute or so, but sometimes I reboot. On some reboots, I get a message saying it can't find a bluetooth keyboard which I take to mean to can't find the wired keyboard.

10.11.5 on Mac Pro with wired keyboard and Kensington trackball (though it has happened when I try an Apple mouse also.)

Has anyone had this problem? Is it software?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Does the Kensington have it's own driver software installed? If so, is it up to date?
-Do you use any Bluetooth devices? If not, you can turn off Bluetooth.
-How much free space on your hard drive?
-Do you have any third-party apps like MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed?
-Do you have antivirus software installed?

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have latest Kensington software, bluetooth is off, lots of space on my hard drive, and avoid those 3rd party apps and antivirus sw.

Ask a Question