the mobile account

Reaction score
hi everyone
I have about 35 G5 unit. using 10.4.x , adobe CS , freehand and QuarkXpress
any way ,,
I have admin acount with the root name ( system admin) and all computers is connect to sun server with domin and we use the domin name and PW to log in to the network..
tell now every thing is ok and it is working fine.. but I need to creat any mobile account with some limitation same like local account..
I don't want users to download any software or run all the software.
by the way .. only the root acount is the admin for the computer and it is only the account can control the computer..
also this computer will be as a master computer and I will image it to all the other for that I neet to manage it.
thank you all for help
ahmed alsadr

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

if I'm right in thinking what you want to do...

Dou you want to create an account for mobile users (PowerBooks) to be able to log into your SunSparc and access files ?

I'm not quite sure of your Network Structure ?

Or is it that you want to create a "User Account" on your G5's that other people can use, but limited ?

Sorry for the questions, your English is very good compared to my Arabic !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
If you want to limit certain Apps on a local level...you can do it via the User Account pane...

accountmanagement.jpg

accountmanagement1.jpg

regards

Ric

Reaction score
sorry and thanks
this is not what I mean
if you R using the mobile account you should go to applications->Utilites->Directory Access->Services then select Active Directory and Configure
you can put the domain name or your local work group in Active Directory Domain
in the Advanced Options you can select Create mobile account at login
this is the mobile account
this means that you can login to the computer using your network name and PW
but if you use mobile accoubt you will get this message whin you like to configer it
"you cannot turn on parental control for an administrator user or a network account"
I need to turn off some control or stop the network account to run some application
that is all
hope that my English now is ok..

Ask a Question