Creating two iCloud accts. from on MobileMe acct.???

Reaction score
Hello! I am new ro Mac Help and I gave been reading some threads about transferring from MobileMe to iCloud. I have a slightly different question that I hope someone can shed some light on for me.

My husband and I have been using the same MobileMe acct to sync calendars, contacts, etc. My question, can I set up my iCloud acct and transfer all the MobileMe data to my iCloud AND can he set up his owe iCloud acct to transfer all the data from our shared MobileMe acct.

I now understand that we could have, and probably should have, set up separate calendars and subscribed to each others calendars. However, we currently sync all of our devices to my single user MobileMe acct. We sync: 2 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 iPads, and 2 phones with my single user MobileMe acct.

My husband books professional conducting gigs in the mobileme calendar two to three years in advance. Losing data from our calendar in the transition is not an option. We have the calendar backed up and printed so we should be fine. My biggest concern is our ability to each set up our separate iCloud accts. and transfer the same data from our single user MobileMe acct. to our two new separate iCloud accts. Will that work, or are we in trouble??

Thanks,
Tgpeterson

Reaction score
I think you need to do a lot more homework on iCloud. I'm not sure what you are asking?
Yes iCloud will work, how it will work is up to exactly how you set it up.
Can you loose all your calendars if you do it wrong, Yes.
If you are sharing all the same MobileMe account why do you need 2 iCloud Accounts?

Ask a Question