Text overlays text.

Reaction score
Unlike the the window I currently have before me, spread out across the screen, certain windows(such as Turbotax online) load in the center, maybe 8 inches wide, and are cut off on the right side. That is to say, the loaded portion of the display is incomplete, and text boxes that should be there are inaccessible. I also have problems with text overlay, where text covers text. Things just don't appear clean and orderly. This doesn't happen every page I load, but much more than occasionally. I have a 2 yo imac 27 2.66 ghz i5 core 8ghz ram. I have tried the tweaks in 'view'-marginal results. Anyone have any experience with these problems? Thx Dave

Reaction score
Kaveman, thanks for the reply. If you were referring to the green button on the left side, I tried that and the effect was minimal. I don't know of a green button on the right side. Don't know why this mac won't load windows correctly. My wife has one similar to mine and no problems for her. I may end up at the Apple store over this. Thanks again.
Tbone

Reaction score
This is normally done on a per App so you will need to not the Apps that it happens with.
The Window location and size info is stored in the Prefs.

in Library > Preferences locate the .plist and .lockfile for the App and delete them.

Reaction score
Kaveman, I gave preferences a shot, noodled with the screen parameters, and no matter which configuration, I still have essentially 2/3 of a screen in Turbotax. I even found that I can't use the B I U (bold, italic, underline) in the tool bar above this reply box, what I get when I press U looks like instead of the function of underlining. My mac is having trouble with a foreign language, lol. Thanks for the suggestions. Tbone

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, the solution was this: in preferences, advanced , universal access, I had checked the box that said 'never use font sizes smaller than…. and put 24 in the text box. When a narrow page loaded, the result was a mess. I unchecked the box and reduced font size to 14, and use command + "+" to zoom in for larger text. I hope this helps someone else who may have shot themselves in the foot as I did!

Reaction score
You can also hold down the Control Key and scroll up and down if you're like me and needing things a bit bigger.

Ask a Question