Terminal Problems, Please help!

Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody has an answer for me, as I have been searching the internet for an answer, but can't seem to figure it out.
I have recently started to learn Python from Learn Python the Hard Way and have been running examples and my own script no problem for the past two weeks, writing in Text Wrangler and running in Terminal.
Today as I was rolling through some exercises like any other day (with no problems), I typed "help" in Terminal and started to try a couple different commands that came up. For some reason it seems as if when I entered the command "exit", I couldn't run my scripts anymore and it returns this error when I try to run a script called "ex16.py":
"-bash: ex16.py: command not found"

Here is the .bash_history surrounding the time where I couldn't run the script anymore; it seems like the last time i succesfully run the script is around line 143-146:

I hope this all makes sense and really hope that somebody can help me fix this and figure what I did wrong, so I won't do it again
happy.gif

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Kaveman. However, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "set" the executable bit.

When I first started these exercises, I didn't set anything up besides downloading the "Text Wrangler" program and creating a "pythonCode" folder for me to run the scripts from Terminal.

The error "-bash: ex16.py: command not found" started happening out of nowhere; which is why I'm confused... *sigh*

Ask a Question