paste (command-v) working differently in Terminal.app

Reaction score
I must have done something but I don't know what. I tried restoring default profiles, and looked through the preferences for something, but I come up short.

I can copy and paste text within Terminal.app, but if I try to paste in text copied from another application like TextEdit or Chrome, it won't work, but only pastes in what I previously copied in Terminal. It's like there are multiple clipboards and Terminal has its own. Is this a thing? What am I missing? Again, this is new behavior as of today and I feel it must have been some errant keystroke that's causing this.

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

-Which version of OS X?
-Are you using the default bash shell?
-Did you customize any of the preferences in Terminal?
-Did you install any OS updates just before this issue started?
-Have you tried a Reset or Hard Reset in Terminal from the File menu?

C

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. It turned out the problem went beyond Terminal.app -- it was some odd thing with the clipboard such that it seemed to be retaining different items that would paste in differently into different apps (not just Terminal). A restart fixed it.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Glad it's sorted :) Something a simple as a restart can sort out weird issues ...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad to hear it was a simple fix. That's not an issue I have come across previously.

Chalk another one up to a simple restart fixing issues. ;)

Thanks for letting us know,

C

Ask a Question