"Paste and match style" sometimes inputs text in wrong style/size? (Lion 10.7.5.)

Reaction score
Hey guys. My problem is just as the title suggests. I don't know why this happens, but it keeps occurring when using textedit.

Most times, when I use "paste and match style", the text appears as it should; in the same size and style as the previous text. But occasionally there will be something "wrong" with it- the size will be wrong, or the style etc.

This is a shame as I have need for it often, and find (or would find) it a very useful tool.

Anyone else experienced this? What can I do about it? Is there some kind of substitute app I could use instead?

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Where are you copying the text from?
-Which app are you pasting the text into?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

-Where are you copying the text from?
-Which app are you pasting the text into?

C
I am copying primarily from a dictionary widget I have – ("oxford American dictionaries") into textedit. I am fairly sure the issue has happened when copying from the internet into textedit too.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

In TextEdit, check the Preferences - especially the Format and Font sections. You could try changing the Format to Plain text from Rich text.

Does it happen all of the time, or only on some instances? If intermittent, it could simply be the source the text is coming from.

C

Ask a Question