Just updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.5-now Mac running hot and can't copy and paste

KGS

Reaction score
I don't know if these things are all related, but I just updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 from 10.11.4 on my MacBook Pro (mid 2012) and now I can't copy and paste between apps, for example, copy text from a webpage and paste it into MS PowerPoint for Mac. I can still copy from a webpage to Google Slides, though.

Also, ever since I updated, my Mac has been running hot and the fan is going constantly. It's too hot to set in my lap.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-You could try:  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Restore Defaults
-The fan issue could be several things - a stuck printer job, an outdated piece of software running, etc. Is it only in specific apps or all the time?
-Do you have any third-party utilities such as MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed?
-Are you running any antivirus?
-What is listed in  > System Preferences... > Users & Groups > you user > Login Items?

You could try downloading and installing the OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Combo Update.

C

Ask a Question