Terminal Help

Reaction score
So I recently downloaded a file with the extension ".ecm," and I had no idea what it was, I tried opening it, but there wasn't an application which could manage it. I searched the internet for a while and found a set of (what I assume) downloadable commands for Terminal that could do just such a thing, here. I downloaded them, and after I unzip them, I have a bunch of extension-less files that look like grey rectangle with some green lettering at the top.

When I open any of these files, Terminal opens giving a description of the command; however, whenever I try to use the command as instructed, the bash complains that the command doesn't exist.

Am I missing something?

By the way, there's also a folder called "src" with many files with ".c" extensions.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Never really understood the continuance of the ECM ( The Error Code Modeler ) files, other than reducing the files size for internet transfer. Personally I would use something like ImgBurn and convert to an ISO image.

Ask a Question