Switched from Windows 7 to Mac

Reaction score
I have had a Mac for 6 days and have found it incredibly difficult after using Windows7.

I have used Google Chrome for about 2 years and I am very keen on it.

We have tried downloading it onto the Mac 5 times but cannot get the home page to show on start-up. The preferences page has been filled in correctly and states "show home page at start up"

It comes up instead with an invitation to visit the various stores.

I feel that this is a Mac problem as we have Google Chrome on WindowsXP and Windows7
and the home page comes up.

I can click the "home button " to get to the "Home Page" but being a perfectionist, I find this annoying!

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion
GlorGlo

Reaction score
Are you downloading the Mac version?

Yes, prolonged use of Windows does effect the ability to use your intuition and learn new paradigms.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying, but no answer to the problem.

Two Mac technicians from John Lewis [where I bought the computer} tried to no avail. It is
the official Mac Version.

Today, I wanted to buy a game from The Mac Store for £6-99. 3 hours later with the help of 3 Mac technicians from Mac Help it was finally downloaded. I was ready to return the Mac to the shop for Windows 7.

At the end of the marathon,my husband mentioned the problem with Google Chrome and he said that he had it on his mac and it was OK. He offered to try to sort it out but unfortunately, we had deleted it and did not have the energy or time for another few hours on the phone!
I am deaf and my husband has to make all the phone calls.

Mac users are very defensive- my daughter has always had a Mac and when we listed the problems that we have had from set-up, acted as if she had personally developed the system and how dare I criticise it!

I bought the Mac for it's reliability, having had to return 1HP,2 Acers,and 2 Sony Vaios in the space of 18 months. They all broke down.

We shall see. It is early days.
GlorGo

We have found the OS longwinded, obscure and arcane!
No doubt all the users will be up in arms!!

Ask a Question