stupid question?!?

Reaction score
Hi, I think i know tha answer already, but, does anyone know if it possible to get a new motherboard and intel processor for a mini as i have a g4 and need to run the satan spawn that is xp at a decent speed and capability.

Cheers, Phil

Reaction score
Hi Fev, IMHO for what it would cost to do that if it was possible, you would be much better selling your G4 on ebay or a free auction site like ebid and buying the low end intel dual core mini @ £399.

Even if you sell yours for £299 or thereabouts, (it should go for more) it has then only cost £100 and you have a brand new machine that has the intel core duo processor. Much cheaper and less hassle ;)

I am presuming when you say you have a G4 you are talking about the G4 mac mini (1.25 and 1.42) G4 processors?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

The internals and port layout are very different between the G4 and Intel minis. Not possible to do a logic board/processor swap.

C

Ask a Question