Stupid mistake need help G4 Powermac

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this forum and to be honest, i'm only posting because I really need some quick help quickly, otherwise I am going to get into massive trouble.

I have just installed 2 hard drives in a G4 powermac, everything was working perfectly when I turned it the mac back on, except I couldn't seem to find the other hardrive installed. I went into settings start up disk and selected the other hardrive and when the computer restarted the screen was blank. Now the computer wont start up on either hardrive, i have taken one of the drives out, the drive i asked the computer to restart on (becasue i am unsure if it even works) and have left the working hard-drive in the computer.

The computer flashes grey and then goes to a black screen. I really dont know what to do.

Thanks for you time

Reaction score
Hi, inserting the your install disc, hold down the "C" key and restart, go to Utilities /disc utilities - first Aid select you HD run repair disk. you can also format it from hear and do a clean install, but you will lose all your date if you do.
If it can't find the hard drive, the startup disk setting has been changed to the other drive."

or you can try this first.

Reboot your iMac while holding down the Option key which will give the option of which drive to boot from.

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your help.

that is the exact problem:

"the startup disk setting has been changed to the other drive"

What is the best thing to do in this case?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Reboot your iMac while holding down the Option key which will give the option of which drive to boot from.

Ask a Question