Strange things happening...

Reaction score
Good evening all, this is my first post here so please be gentle. It's just I'm having a few problems with my 2007 a1226 macbook pro. I purchased it second hand about a year ago and it's always been a little rickety with a constant line of dead pixels and fans that insist on always running at max speed. These however are not my issue. About a week ago it started showing symptoms of what I assumed was a logic board failure. The screen pixelated and it would only boot up in single user mode. After much trial and error I gave up. Until today.

After a few attempts to boot it up it eventually ran out of battery. I then plugged the machine in and to my amazement it booted up fine! Until the battery reached about 20%... and then it went all pixel crazy again. So I let the battery drain and again booted it up with no problems. Until the battery hit the 20% mark or there abouts and back came the pixels. I have since tried booting minus the battery. No luck.

So here I am, sat at my macbook, removing the charger when it reaches 19% and replacing it when it drops below 9%...

Any ideas?

Reaction score
If it's expanding it may well be stressing the video chip. If its pushing out the wrong wattage it might be frying the the whole computer.
All the symptoms you have could be related to a bad battery, lets hope your continued use hasn't caused permeant damage...

Reaction score
If it's expanding it may well be stressing the video chip. If its pushing out the wrong wattage it might be frying the the whole computer.
All the symptoms you have could be related to a bad battery, lets hope your continued use hasn't caused permeant damage...

Well the battery is in pretty good condition (no expanding whatsoever) and is by anker which was highly recommended. But, it is now working without the battery. Occasionally there is still a graphical glitch and it freezes up but it is definitely behaving better than before. Crazy stuff. Thanks very much for your assistance though, much appreciate.

Reaction score
oh so it's not an Apple battery...

no... don't hold it against me too much though, it cost about the same as a genuine apple battery but generally had better feedback. From what I read. I probably read wrong. Anyways I'm off to the genius bar on sat for a proper diagnosis (maybe).

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyways I'm off to the genius bar on sat for a proper diagnosis (maybe).

This is by far the best option, as it could be a plethora of things causing your issues, please post back results.

Ask a Question