Still from video - not perfect

Reaction score
It's about making a still from a video on my Mac and about an apparently important detail of it.

I know that I have to choose my favourite frame in the video and I do that (video is not running then) by pulling the timeline (just below the 'run' arrow) till the image represents the frame I want as a still.

Then I edit>copy to put the image on the clipboard and look at the result via preview>first from clipboard.

The result I get is the first frame of the video and not the one I prefer.
Which part of my handling of the rituals just before/after edit>copy is not correct?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

The Mac: MacBook Pro with macOS Mojave 10.14 6

Dirk

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Is this in iMovie or Final Cut Pro X? If so:

-Navigate to the still frame you want to export
-Click the Share button in the upper right
-Click Image
-Give the file a name and navigate in the dialog to where you want to save it, then click Save

C

Reaction score
Thanks again Cory. I do the execise in .....Pictures>Photos Library.photoslibrary>Photos (-Moments), where I have a lot of unwanted short videos, which I want to replace by stills. A lot of work, especially because I want the still to have the same time stamp as the video. I use 'adjust date and time' at some stage to obtain that. Cheers, Dirk

Reaction score
-Navigate to the still frame you want to export
-Click the Share button in the upper right
-Click Image
-Give the file a name and navigate in the dialog to where you want to save it, then click Save
Thanks, Cory. Been using iMovie for years and never knew that.

Reaction score
I do the execise in .....Pictures>Photos Library.photoslibrary>Photos (-Moments),
Drag the video out of Photos onto the desktop, open it with Quicktime, then do:
I know that I have to choose my favourite frame in the video and I do that (video is not running then) by pulling the timeline (just below the 'run' arrow) till the image represents the frame I want as a still.

Then I edit>copy to put the image on the clipboard and look at the result via preview>first from clipboard.
and you'll get the image that you want.

And I never knew you could do that either.

Ask a Question