Sony to FCP on 10.4.11

Reaction score
I just purchased the new Sony HDR-SR12E and have FCP 6.0.4. I am working on a MacBook pro with Mac OS X, version 10.4.11. My Sony HDR-SR12E produces the video files of MTS and i thought it was able to be edited by FCP, but the result is to my disappoint. This is quite driving me crazy, i have been following the instructions carefuuly, but it is not in go. What am i doing wrong? Any what should i do do edit AVCHD video files?
Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
I just purchased the new Sony HDR-SR12E and have FCP 6.0.4. I am working on a MacBook pro with Mac OS X, version 10.4.11. My Sony HDR-SR12E produces the video files of MTS and i thought it was able to be edited by FCP, but the result is to my disappoint. This is quite driving me crazy, i have been following the instructions carefuuly, but it is not in go. What am i doing wrong? Any what should i do do edit AVCHD video files?
Thanks for any advice.

It is common that you can not import MTS files to FCP because AVCHD can not be editable via FCP directly.And the video formats that FCP can support is some common video formats,MOV is the best.So firstly, what you should do is converting your AVCHD (.mts) video files to MOV and then do some editing via FCP.

As for MTS Converter, i recommend Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac which is professional and powerful in converting MTS files to various playable and editable video formats, like MOV,WMV,MPEG,MKV,AVI,FLV,MP3,FLAC,OGG and ect.

Additionally, this software provides some editing functions like cropping video black edges, trimming video length,adding image or video to original video.I like this function, because i can make my own movie with this software.
Good luck.

Ask a Question