Solver error in Excel

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I have a problem with the solver function in Excel on my mac which I deeply hope that somebody can help me with .

My excel 2011 is up to date (version 14.1.0) and I have tried to completely remove the office package from my mac and reinstall, but it is not helping. Aften the reinstallation I opened excel and it gave me this message:
" 'Office:Add-Inds:Solver.xlam' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deletede" "
I the went to add-ins, added solver and maked it, so it was active, but it didn't work. Then excel gave be the following messages:
"Error in loading DLL" and "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" and "Compile error in the hidden module: SolverCode".

What can I do to fix this problem?

Reaction score
Sorry my mistake, my office is version 14.4.5, but solver is still not working. Do you have any suggestions on how I may get it to work? :)

I'm using OS 10.9.5

Ask a Question