Mohave installer error

Reaction score
I've downloaded the Mohave installer but after I put my password in and click continue I get the message: An internal error occurred while preflighting your volume for APFS conversion.

I'm also having a problem getting my High Sierra to wake after it sleeps

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff8004115250): initproc exited -- exit reason namespace 2 subcode 0xa description: none

Thread 2 crashe

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

A few questions:
-Which exact model Mac?
-Do you have third-party RAM installed?
-Any third-party utilities like MacKeeper or antivirus?

C

Reaction score
I have Avast Anti virus installed

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0107.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.13f15
Serial Number (system): C1MNK80LG085
Hardware UUID: 02BDE6A3-94DC-5248-AF9A-6A590AE7FC8A

There is an added chip for memory:
Memory Slots:

ECC: Disabled
Upgradeable Memory: No

BANK 0/DIMM0:

Size: 2 GB
Type: DDR3
Speed: 1600 MHz
Manufacturer: 0x80AD
Part Number: 0x483943434E4E4E384A544D4C41522D4E544D
Serial Number: -

BANK 1/DIMM0:

Size: 2 GB
Type: DDR3
Speed: 1600 MHz
Manufacturer: 0x80AD
Part Number: 0x483943434E4E4E384A544D4C41522D4E544D
Serial Number: -

Every time it crashes in sleep I get a lengthy detailed report. I could add it if it would help you.
I have not installed Avast cleanup. might it help?

Thank you for looking into this.

Reaction score
I previously owned that same machine (mine had a 252 gig SSD), and never had any issues. It was solid as a rock. I replaced it with a mid 2017 model (again with a 252 gig SSD), and just like the old one, it performs well.

To add some more questions to what Cory asked:

1. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with such tasks.

2. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If (hopefully) you are, what software are you using for that?

3. For the Mojave upgrade, are you just trying to upgrade "in place", or via a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of Mojave? Given that you are having issues with High Sierra, a clean installation would be better.

4. No matter how you upgrade to Mojave, it is critical that you insure that any third party (ie, non-Apple) software you are using is compatible with OS 10.14.2. This link can help with that:

https://roaringapps.com/apps

It would be wise to get rid of Advast Anti Virus. Why do you have it installed anyway? There are some other, excellent products available that you can occasionally run to check for adware/malware/viruses.

To get rid of Advast, download the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Make sure to get the correct version. It does an excellent job of finding most files, folders, etc. associated with Advast (and of course the Advast software itself).

Two excellent programs you can use to look for adware/malware/viruses are:

1. Malwarebytes - https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

2. ClamXAV - https://www.clamxav.com/

Malwarebytes is very good at detecting adware and/or malware. ClamXAV goes "deeper" than Malwarebytes. I actually purchased ClamXAV, but it is not running in the background. I do run it occasionally (about once a month), and thus it does not bog down my system.

Ask a Question