Slow macbook

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a mid 2012 13' MacBook Pro which was working fine until I upgraded to Yosemite. Big mistake, crash after crash, so I downgraded back to Mavericks and it did the trick. This was over 2 months ago.
However, last week it started lagging without any mayor change being made. Powerpoint kept crashing, logging in and out was taking forever, so I did a clean re install of Mavericks and then I migrated from my latest time machine backup. It kind of worked, but now the lagging keeps happening, every click I make either to change windows or open a new app or even to input text I get the beach ball spinning. I keep checking Activity monitor to see if something is sucking up all the RAM but the most an app uses is 10%. I thought it was because of the spotlight indexing, but it's done now and it keeps happening. Every click from the mouse I get a beach ball spinning, every window switch, everything.
Plus, my applications folder won't load and my time machine is stuck in Preparing backup.
Does anyone have a clue as to what in the world is wrong?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There are numerous things that can cause those issues - HD full/failing, RAM failing, corrupted software from the backup, incompatible/non-updated software, third-party utility software such as MacKeeper, etc.

Do you have an Apple Store close to you that you could bring it to for diagnostics?

C

Ask a Question