Slow internet

Reaction score
I have just got a MacBook Pro which is working great with Big Sur. However, the internet connection on our other devices (iPad air, iPhones) is really slow or even non existent. Please help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version(s) of iOS on the iPhones and iPad?
-Did this issue happen before your purchased the MBP?
-Who is your Internet service provider (ISP)?
-Do you own your own modem/router, or is it leased through your ISP?
-Have you tried power cycling your modem/router?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory
The iPhones have iOS 14.4 and the iPad is 12.5.1
The issue didn’t happen before I got the MBP
TALKTALK are my ISP and I lease the router from them
I don’t know what power cycling means!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Power cycling means unplugging the router for 30 secs, then plugging it in and letting it establish the connection again.

You could also try powering off the iPhones and iPad, then power them back on. See if they get a better connection.

C

Reaction score
Hi,

TALKTALK are my ISP and I lease the router from them
Can I ask what sort of speeds up / down Talk Talk have said you should expect and if you are cable or fibre. I also would run some speed tests maybe one or two a day and log results, then get in touch with them, if you really are falling short of your contract speeds. could just be an simple adjustment at the exchange ( but they still have to go through BT engineers for a fix ) depending on how far away your house is from the exchange.

Reaction score
Thanks all. It is now sorted!
Next question.... I’m struggling to connect my printer. It’s quite old ( an HP PSC 1317 all in one). I still have the original driver disc but nothing happens when I connect via an external cd drive. I’ve tried to download from the HP website but it doesn’t seem to be downloading the driver.

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at HP it seems latest OSX Driver for this printer supported OS X 10.6 as screen shot. As your mac is new, are you not running Mac OS11 Big Sur?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 14.00.06.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 14.00.06.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 54

Ask a Question