SOLVED '@' sign problem

JMD

Reaction score
As a new mac user I'm trying to enter my email address in an online form on my mac book pro m1, obviously, I need the @ sign but after pressing shift + 2 all that appears in the form field is this symbol "
As the @ sign clearly appears above the number 2, I'm confused. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
If you go to 'System Preferences' > 'Keyboard' > 'Input Sources' and check the setting, I have mine set to 'British' this gives a '@' with shift+2 If I set it to 'British - PC' Shift+2 gives me the " symbol.

JMD

Reaction score
If you go to 'System Preferences' > 'Keyboard' > 'Input Sources' and check the setting, I have mine set to 'British' this gives a '@' with shift+2 If I set it to 'British - PC' Shift+2 gives me the " symbol.
Thank you kindly for the info, it's much appreciated.

Reaction score
The Show Keyboard Viewer pulldown from the Input menu icon will show you a great deal more characters, especially alternate characters/accents. Your very own built-in keyboard cheat sheet. You can actually generate characters by clicking on the keys. I rely on this a lot because my Dvorak keyboard layout has been massively edited.

Ask a Question