SOLVED Ethernet signal is poor

Reaction score
Any idea what could cause down and upload not using full ethernet capacity?
I have a 1000 mbps connection, and it suddenly only operates with half speed. I normally have @ 920 mbps, but at the moment i am down to half the speed
Could i have anything running in background, blocking for speed?
Desktop is Imac retina 5K

Reaction score
I also had the same problem, with very simlar speeds, although the Ethernet cable was plugged into the computer it was using Wi-Fi so switched off Wi-Fi in System Preferences so now only using Ethernet cable connection. Then tested to 928.3 MBps download - 447.7 MBps upload - with a PING of 3 ms. this is using my ISP (3BB) in Bangkok, Thailand. If I test on my local branch of my ISP in my province, I get a slighly higher reading. Mac Pro 6.1 (2013) A1481

Reaction score
By the way CleanMyMac will automatically take out of your bank account every 12 month, about US$34 I did not know, but luckily before they were due to extract, I lost my ATM card more importantly the ATM machine ate it. But got a new ATM card, next thing I knew CleanMyMac emailed me saying, they cannot access my account using the old ATM number.
Losing the card paid for the cost of a new ATM as new ATM card was less than the US$34 CleanMyMac would have taken.

Ask a Question