Where can I get an ethernet-capable M1 iMac power brick?

Reaction score
So I just got my M1 iMac, but I was dismayed not to see an ethernet port on the power brick. Oh yeah, now I learn that you have to pay $30 extra for that. Whaaat? I was never offered that option by the vendor that sold it to me, and I would have done it if I had been.

So where do I go to get one? I can't find it advertised anywhere, including on the Apple site.

So now I'm stuck doing my migration over wifi, which is looking like it'll be a several day deal.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, the $1299 base model doesn't come with it, as it is a $30 option at purchase as you mentioned. Not sure they sell it separately though...haven't seen that anywhere.

Maybe call Apple directly?

C

Reaction score
I just realized the wife’s new iMac has that option but I forgot I upgraded to WiFi6 and a mesh network prior to that so didn’t need it ☹️

Reaction score
So I just got my M1 iMac, but I was dismayed not to see an ethernet port on the power brick.

This is the kind of stuff that will continue, and get worse, until a significant number of people return their new Mac when they discover it doesn't include necessary features.

Not just Apple, all the big companies. It's their job to maximize returns for shareholders, which continually drives them towards giving customers as little as possible for as much as possible. It's just business. So for example, if we'll put up with there being no ethernet port on the power brick, the next step will be to sell the machines without power bricks.

Did you know that 1% of Americans own 40% of the nation's wealth? This is how that happens. The rich will suck and suck and suck as much out of us as possible, and it won't end until we stop putting up with it.

The rich aren't evil, what they're doing is of course entirely legal. The problem is us. We're suckers.

Apologies to Dan, this isn't about him, but about all of us.

Vote Nukeban for President on the Windbag Party ticket!!! :)

Reaction score
Hard to understand the logic behind it when so many accessories still have wired USB A or B connections (Apple accessories included). Even with the higher model, one still has to buy an adapter to use them or a HDMI connection. The model is beautiful, but it seems like Apple concentrated more on its appearance than on client-side technical aspects.

Ask a Question