Orphaned Files. Where to find and recover them.

Reaction score
So I was cleaning and deleted some important video files thinking they were some others I also cleaned my trash can. ‍ So I tried out a recovery software and found them under "Orphans" and subfolders of "temp228033" and many others. I can not afford the pro version of this software to recover them, Yet they are still there. Does anyone know how I can get to them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Most data recovery applications work intermittently at best, especially if you delete a file and don't immediately run the recovery software. If you don't, and use the computer for any period of time, parts of those files are overwritten quickly, which will prevent recovery. You would probably need to purchase the full version in most cases to recover, as the demo versions are provided to see if recovery is possible. Orphaned files are normally only partially recoverable, if at all, because the disk volume catalog cannot find all parts of the file.

Which software were you using?

C

Ask a Question