Sick of Mac OSX Network Issues

Reaction score
Im sure you all know of OSXs wireless issues. I have only had my mac for 2 days and its dropped my connection nearly 40 times (probably more). It's outrageous that you can pay 2k for a mbp and not even be able to use wireless internet. Online gaming is impossible, with the connection dropping. I've been troubleshooting pages and pages for hours now and nothing seems to work. The only think i haven't tried is switching my WEP encryption over to WPA or WPA2 because my Technologically challenged father thinks ill eff the system up. So is there a service pack? or something to fix this. And please don't link me to a trouble shoot page, i've seen nearly all of them. I need like a step by step instruction to fix this (my first mac) or a install to do it automatically.

Reaction score
Im sure you all know of OSXs wireless issues.

I am afraid I don't know about them. I've used my iMac on wireless for an entire month before I decided to switch to a wired connection to my internet. I inclined to believe that the issues you're experiencing could be something else. Have you checked your network settings under System Preference?

Ask a Question