Separating files by file name

Reaction score
Im a complete noob with this software, but Im a quick study. Im looking to perform task to save time while creating a time lapse movie from a huge cache of still images. I have over 20K images that are marked by time in there file names , and I want to remove files taken before a certain time and after a certain time. I was wondering if I could make an automation in here to separate these images more easily than simply sitting and visually going through them in lightroom and removing them. below is a sample of the file naming convention.

2013-10-10_13_15_01.283.jpg <- where you can see it goes yr-mnth-day_hr_min_sec.jpg

I want to remove any image, from a folder before say 7am (07 hrs) and after 5:30PM (17 hrs).

I appologize if what Im asking is a tall order.

Are there any stock automations that I could maybe tweak to meet my needs

Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Reaction score
in lightroom
I wouldn't use that for this job, Import your photos to a Finder Folder, then in List View you can simply shift click the range and drag and drop.

It's not a tall order but finding the right tools.
AppleScript is far more versatile than Automator.

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman,...I would do exactly as you mention (actually in lightroom its easier to do it by simple looking at the dark pictures) but there are 20,000 images to go through, and I have done it before it takes ALL DAY....Just trying to streamline my workflow. If you could point me in the direction of an Applescript that might do this or the right forums Id appreciate it.

Reaction score
photoshop, and bridge do....what would I need , I mean i have a full blown quad core Power Mac....Im sure I could figure out how/where to run the script.

Ask a Question