Sending quick video from camera

Reaction score
Hello out there...................:eek:

Can anyone help me send quick "few minute" videos from my camera via email from my mac? I can easily, of course, send pictures, but cannot send any video via email. It says to buy a new installation/software, but why does this have to be? I don't understand that if I can view the video on my mac why would I have to buy something else to send the video to someone. Then when I looked at the application or whatever you would call it, some other users in that particular forum say it doesn't work for newer macs - mine is about a year old and I still am a newbie - I use it for photos and internet only, cuz mac is still out there for me...

Thank you so much for your input and I'm grateful to have found this site.

Reaction score
Hello,
Which application are you using to view these movies, and do you have these movie files stored on your Mac?

Reaction score
Hello, I am using it in iphoto along side my photos...sorry, I know so little about mac, even though I use it everyday like I said for my email, photo storage and internet, but that's all. Do you have a good book you would recommend? Thanks for your input, even if you don't have the answers.

Reaction score
When you double click a movie in iPhoto, the movie opens with the Quicktime Player. Which version of the Quicktime Player do you have?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I just noticed that when I selected a movie file in my iPhoto Library window, the Email option down the bottom right of the window is greyed out ....

I then tested something out ... I clicked on the movie file in the iPhoto Library window and held the mouse button down while I dragged the movie file onto the Mail.app icon in my Dock ... I let the mouse go and a new email window opened with my movie embedded into the email ...

It's worth a try and as long as the videos aren't too large in size ... it should help you, I would hope.

Reaction score
^ That would be an ideal method to use if the movie files are less than ten megabytes, or so. If the movie files are too large to send via email, and boogie has QuickTime Pro 7.6.6, QT's share/email feature could shrink these movies down to the point where they can be sent in an email. Unfortunately, the new QT doesn't do this.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Yep, I have QT Pro and it certainly comes in useful ;)

Hello out there...................:eek:

I can easily, of course, send pictures, but cannot send any video via email. It says to buy a new installation/software, but why does this have to be?

@ boogie .... can you tell us exactly what the error message tells you ... if you can take a screenshot of the error it would help.

• To take a screenshot ... press Shift + Command () + 3
  • To take a screenshot of an area of your screen press Shift + Command + 4 and drag and release the crosshair to take the shot.
  • To take a screenshot of any window or error message press Shift + Command + 4 then place the mouse cursor (which should now look like a camera) in any window and hit the Spacebar to take the shot.

You can upload it here using the Additional Options section which you will see below a Reply To Thread window ... or you can use an online site like Flickr etc.

Reaction score
You know, I think I just need to get the quick pro, cuz when it says, share - then it says I have to buy the quick pro.

Ask a Question