sending pic from I photo to a pc not seen

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a mini mac and a laptop, and I am also ancient, I send my i photo pics to other person by just simple

dragging the pic over to the e-mail I am about to send, it seems to work.

How-ever I sent some pics to a gmail add in Norway and they can read the text but cant see the pics,just a square with

a ? in it, I had the mail replied to asking where the pics were,so I clicked on the reply and it said MISSING PLUG IN.

I checked my sent box and I can see the pics I sent.

Is it the fault of the P C me?

Thank you

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a problem at your end ... are they viewing the email online in web mail? It could be a flash related issue for the browser they use ....

You could try this but it mightn't help if the above is true:

Instead of dropping the image onto the message body, click the paperclip in the upper right of the compose new message window, then in the window that opens, navigate to the image you want to send & click "Choose File". If the recipient uses a PC, ensure that "Send Windows Friendly Attachments" has a tick-in-the-box.

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a mini mac and a laptop, and I am also ancient, I send my i photo pics to other person by just simple

dragging the pic over to the e-mail I am about to send, it seems to work.

How-ever I sent some pics to a gmail add in Norway and they can read the text but cant see the pics,just a square with

a ? in it, I had the mail replied to asking where the pics were,so I clicked on the reply and it said MISSING PLUG IN.

I checked my sent box and I can see the pics I sent.

Is it the fault of the P C me?

Thank you

Reaction score
Hi,ta for the mail, I have just done an experiment with my P C friend, sent him a pic,it came up as a J P G on his laptop so he just clicked on it and saw the pic,
I had dragged it out of my i photo onto the desktop then dragged it again over to the mail,simple to do and one method I have always used.
My brother in Norway is new to this, Oh the joys of having Macs!!!!!
so his is a P C. I sent him the results of my trail with my friend,so am awaiting the reply to that method.
How-ever I have just done it your way, never knew how to do that,complicated , but still,if he gets them its good.
I have ticked the box you said,so thats ok. I will certainly be greatful if it works.

will let you know,as I have to wait for a reply

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a problem at your end ... are they viewing the email online in web mail? It could be a flash related issue for the browser they use ....

You could try this but it mightn't help if the above is true:

Instead of dropping the image onto the message body, click the paperclip in the upper right of the compose new message window, then in the window that opens, navigate to the image you want to send & click "Choose File". If the recipient uses a PC, ensure that "Send Windows Friendly Attachments" has a tick-in-the-box.
Hi. Spawn I managed to send my pics to Norway as attachments like you suggested and he got them,so thank you for that, all I need to do now is to REMEMBER. Ta

Ask a Question