ScreenFlow messed up Skype

Reaction score
I had installed some sort of Audio driver for recording the computer audio in ScreenFlow and recorded a bit of my friends incoming audio/voice chat in Skype.

When I replayed the recording afterwards, my screen crashed and I ended up just holding down the power button and shutting my mac off in the unhealthy method.

After I rebooted and opened up Skype to join in on the call again, the incoming audio was significantly reduced in quality, stuttering every few seconds, and sounded like a 1930's radio communicator... (they were able to hear MY voice perfectly fine)

I know the driver messed it up, and the logical thing would be to remove it from Preferences, but I have no clue what the driver is called and don't really have any experience with removing drivers in OS X.

Every other kind of audio is fine: music, youtube, etc.
Other voice chat programs like Tinychat work fine, so the problem is only with Skype at the moment.

Reaction score
You will need to go back to where you got the software and find some instructions there. OS X is a big place, and they may have installed it anywhere.

Ask a Question