Screenflow Stole My Videos!! Please Help

Reaction score
I am afraid that this is far too unique a situation to receive an adequate answer but here goes.

I was using a video editing software known as ScreenFlow.

I was dragging and dropping videos from my Lacie Terobyte into the Screenflow "Add Media" Bay

Twice I accidentally drug an entire folder of videos rather than an individual video.

When I did a message just appeared and said "Improper File Format" and of course the folder did not go to the Video editor

When I went back to these folders, on my Lacie first a message saying I don't have permission to see these contents appears, then when I look at the info of the folder, it says there's no longer anything in them!

Some how a zipped format for the folders does appear and when I look at it's info it says it is not emtpy and it still has the contents, however when I try to extract the files, I am lead back to the empty folders that say I have no permission to see the contents, the content of which do not exist.

I tested this accident later on a useless folder and when I dropped the entire folder into Screenflow and then tried to reopen the folder on my desktop, I was unable to and the folder was suddenly empty as well.

What is going on?

Did screenflow eat my photos?

Can I do anything with these compressed files?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you rebooted your mac since?

Do you use Time Machine?

Where is the zip file? On your Mac's hd or still on the Lacie?

If you right-click the Lacie, selecting "Get Info" then right down the bottom tick the "Ignore ownership on this volume" box, does it help? If the padlock is locked click it then enter the necessary info.

I downloaded version 3 (I have Mac OS 10.7) & couldn't replicate your scenario, I couldn't find an "Add media" window, only the video timeline which allowed me to drag clips directly from my ext hd but any folders just bounced off it … so I figured you must have a more recent version with a different interface.

Ask a Question