Screen size

Discussion in 'Mac Desktops' started by wood, Mar 12, 2018.

1. wood

wood New Member

Even apple does not seem to have answer, not online chat anyway.
    The 21.5 imac, I assume that is diagonal but I have never had a imac and apple does everything different than I am use to.
    What is the height and width of the viewing area of the screen.
    On my windows dell screen that is 21 inch the viewing are is 18 and 5 eights by 10 and 3 quarters
    Does anyone know the height and width of the viewing area

wood, Mar 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. wood

Cory Cooper Moderator

Hello,

-Which exact model iMac, the current? Standard or Retina 4K?
    -With or without the bezel?

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 12, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. wood

wood New Member

the $1099.00 one, without retina, current model on apple site, I would upgrade to ssd, 256 gbs seems alright to me, never had a mac but on my 5 year old windows I have 500gb hard drive, I have only used 70 gb so I thing I would not fill it up

wood, Mar 13, 2018
  4. wood

Cory Cooper Moderator

The actual viewing area would probably the same as all 21.5" iMacs - which is approximately 18.5" width by 10.5" height, since all non-Retina/4K 21.5" iMacs are 1920x1080 resolution. The bezel thickness would be the main variable.

C

Cory Cooper, Mar 13, 2018
  5. wood

wood New Member

thanks, this is more difficult than I thought, also don't like adorama or best buy, they seem to hide a lot of stats.

wood, Mar 13, 2018
  6. wood

Cory Cooper Moderator

No worries.

Is their a particular need for those specs, as most people only care about the diagonal, the resolution, and the size of the entire iMac.

Just curious,

C

7. wood

wood New Member

I like fast computers, always have, a 1 tb 5400 is terrible, I have a 8 year old laptop with that, I buy the most ram which I can afford, since retirement everything has had to go to a lower level but I get the best I can, this one is, 4k non retina, 8 gb ram ddr4, 2.3 processor, 256 ssd, I think that will still be fast enough, any insight into imacs you can give would be appreciated, I have watched 2 dozen videos on youtube.

wood, Mar 13, 2018
  8. wood

Cory Cooper Moderator

No worries.

Depends on what your normal usage is. For Internet, email, some photography, light music/video work, and other general tasks, any of the current iMacs will be excellent. I agree that the SSD is the way to go over a standard or Fusion drive, at the expense of less storage space. However, you can always add external Thunderbolt drives, which are extremely speedy these days.

C

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question