Screen size

Reaction score
Even apple does not seem to have answer, not online chat anyway.
The 21.5 imac, I assume that is diagonal but I have never had a imac and apple does everything different than I am use to.
What is the height and width of the viewing area of the screen.
On my windows dell screen that is 21 inch the viewing are is 18 and 5 eights by 10 and 3 quarters
Does anyone know the height and width of the viewing area

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which exact model iMac, the current? Standard or Retina 4K?
-With or without the bezel?

C

Reaction score
the $1099.00 one, without retina, current model on apple site, I would upgrade to ssd, 256 gbs seems alright to me, never had a mac but on my 5 year old windows I have 500gb hard drive, I have only used 70 gb so I thing I would not fill it up

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
The actual viewing area would probably the same as all 21.5" iMacs - which is approximately 18.5" width by 10.5" height, since all non-Retina/4K 21.5" iMacs are 1920x1080 resolution. The bezel thickness would be the main variable.

C

Reaction score
thanks, this is more difficult than I thought, also don't like adorama or best buy, they seem to hide a lot of stats.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Is their a particular need for those specs, as most people only care about the diagonal, the resolution, and the size of the entire iMac.

Just curious,

C

Reaction score
I like fast computers, always have, a 1 tb 5400 is terrible, I have a 8 year old laptop with that, I buy the most ram which I can afford, since retirement everything has had to go to a lower level but I get the best I can, this one is, 4k non retina, 8 gb ram ddr4, 2.3 processor, 256 ssd, I think that will still be fast enough, any insight into imacs you can give would be appreciated, I have watched 2 dozen videos on youtube.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Depends on what your normal usage is. For Internet, email, some photography, light music/video work, and other general tasks, any of the current iMacs will be excellent. I agree that the SSD is the way to go over a standard or Fusion drive, at the expense of less storage space. However, you can always add external Thunderbolt drives, which are extremely speedy these days.

C

Ask a Question