Screen jumps to large

Reaction score
Hi . The problem is that the screen jumps from normal to large . Could some one please help

Reaction score
You need to tell us more information:

1, What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. What third party software do you have on the machine?

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for your reply
I Mac 21.5”
OS Siera Version 10.12.6
Late 213
I have installed. Malwarebytes
Opera app. Avast. App
Fire Fox app after the screen jumped. Not before
Google Drive app
I mainly use Google or Opera
Best wishes. Bob Fereday

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for your reply
I Mac 21.5”
OS Siera Version 10.12.6
Late 213
I have installed. Malwarebytes
Opera app. Avast. App
Fire Fox app after the screen jumped. Not before
Google Drive app
I mainly use Google or Opera
Best wishes. Bob Fereday

Reaction score
Well, Avast could be an "issue". I also use OS 10.12.6 on both of my Macs, and like you, I have Malwarebytes, Google Chrome, Opera, and Firefox installed (along with quite a lot of other third party software). I primarily use Google Chrome for my internet browsing, but sometimes Opera.

Not sure why you are having the issue. Are you making backups to an external device? And have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs from a software perspective? Besides doing a "good amount" of disk cleanup yourself, there are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) which can help you with those tasks.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I have backed up to an external device but the problem was there before I did that. I will rid myself ofAvast and see how we go. I have done disc clean up using avast and some that I can't recall from the net. Do you think a complete wipe out of the disc ?. Would help. As you may have gathered I am almost illiterate recomputers

Reaction score
Avast is not really a disk cleanup tool, so except for security "stuff", it is not useful for disk cleanup.

Do you need anything from your external backup? If not, then a complete Erase and Re-Format of your internal drive, and then a fresh, clean, "virgin" installation of OS 10.12.6 could resolve the issue. However, it might be best to then "migrate"/copy some stuff from your backup, specifically all the information associated with your admin/user account.

What software did you use for your backup?

Reaction score
Avast is not really a disk cleanup tool, so except for security "stuff", it is not useful for disk cleanup.

Do you need anything from your external backup? If not, then a complete Erase and Re-Format of your internal drive, and then a fresh, clean, "virgin" installation of OS 10.12.6 could resolve the issue. However, it might be best to then "migrate"/copy some stuff from your backup, specifically all the information associated with your admin/user account.

What software did you use for your backup?

Hi everyone and many thanks to honestone for your assistance In the end I stumbled across the cause of the problem Quite simply it is a problem with the mouse Whilst working and looking at the computer screen, without realising it, my finger tapped the top of the mouse which caused the screen to jump to a lager size.
I have unchecked boxes in mouse preferences and so far, it has solved the problem

Reaction score
You're most welcome, although you found the solution on your own. Funny how it is many times something simple, but subtle!

Again, glad you resolved it.

Ask a Question