Save part document

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a silly question!
I want to save part of a document (first 10 pages of 100), but I can't seem to without saving the entire document.
What am I doing wrong please?

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a silly question!
I want to save part of a document (first 10 pages of 100), but I can't seem to without saving the entire document.
What am I doing wrong please?
What kind of document (.pdf, .txt, etc.). What app are you using to open it? If you want to keep the original intact, try doing a “save as” to another location to avoid overwriting the original, close the original without saving, and then open the newly saved file and do whatever you have to order to delete the unwanted pages. Then save it.

Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I have now "saved as" to another location (a pdf) but I can't seem to find a way to close the original without saving. I then find I'm not allowed to edit the text at all

Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I have now "saved as" to another location (a pdf) but I can't seem to find a way to close the original without saving. I then find I'm not allowed to edit the text at all
What app are you using to open the PDF? There are a number of PDF readers that can turn bitmap text to readable text. I use Adobe Acrobat, although you may not want to pay Adobe for it. I don’t know if Acrobat Reader will work, but other free PDF readers might.

To abort the process and exit without saving, do a forced quit: command-option-ESC. Select the app you wish to close and then click on Force Quit. Don’t worry, it won’t harm anything. It’s a gentle force.

Last edited:

Ask a Question