Save an Excel Sheet as a PDF

Reaction score
This should be pretty simple, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work (and I don't use Automator often).

I'm trying to save Excel files as PDFs. Each Excel file only has 1 sheet (Sheet 1). I want the .pdf to be saved in the same folder as the original .xlsx file.

The action "Convert Format of Excel Files" creates a new folder with the .pdf inside of it.

I'm doing this for invoices, so I have a folder called August Invoices and several .xlsx files in that folder, say 1561 - Client - August Invoice.xlsx. I want the new .pdf file to be saved in the same August Invoices folder, and be called 1561 - Client - August Invoice.pdf

Can anyone help me out with this?:eek:

Reaction score
The reason it putting it into a folder is because it makes multiple pdfs if there is more than one sheet.

All you need to do is use Move Finder Items to move the pdf and you might want to delete the remaining folder, with move Finder Items to Trash.

Ask a Question