Samsung SSD T5

Reaction score
external ssd will not partition, can create no recovery drive for sierria (using carbon copy cloner) to create boot drive on imac late 2015... utilities partition greyed out on both imac and lap top even after reformating. says t5 partition scheme incompatible with mac osx intel.....any work arounds ????

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume macOS is installed on the external SSD? It may be because the Samsung SSD is using their T5 partitioning...not sure if you can change that.

I would drop a line to Bombich and ask them, as they are VERY knowledgeable and responsive. Mike Bombich actually used to work for Apple.

C

Reaction score
hey cory how are you , thanks for the reply.....
have imac w/ 2 externals, back up and Sierra ssd boot, boot is failing,( disk warrior cant replace directory due to damaged drive ) ....got T5 to replace imac external but when copied, drop down stated that the partition scheme was not compatible with apple intel osx and im left with data storage not a boot. im thinking repartition T5 but utilities is not allowing it, the only thing i could do was erase and reformat the T5 which was done twice..... perhaps due to Samsungs T5 versatile applications the architecture is storage only with the apple osx....
either samsung is hiding the fact or im missing something .....

Ask a Question