Samsung Monitor drivers

Reaction score
Samsung monitor Model333SW PLUS manufactured Sept 2009 - need to find out how I may use in on my MacBook Pro. I have the cable connected via Thunderbolt slot. Samsung monitors sold to HP Nov2017, HP do not support this old monitor.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro?
-Which version of OS X?
-Is it a Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW? If not, can you give us the exact model number, as I cannot find 333SW PLUS or 333SW +.
-What type/brand/model of adapter are you using?

C

Reaction score
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
OS X El Capitan 11.10.6
yes - Samsung SyncMaster 2333SW
its got the 18 pin screw in at Monitor end, but I got a Thunderbolt adapter at Mac end.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Looks like that model has a VGA and a DVI connection:
2333sw.jpg

Your MacBook Pro has an HDMI and a Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort:

mbp-retina-early2013_ports.jpg

You can use either of these to connect with the appropriate VGA or DVI video cable:
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter

Hope that helps.

C

Reaction score
Yep, thats what I am using. DVI-D on Samsung, into Thunderbolt on Mac.
if I switch on the monitor, and plug in the Thunderbolt, I get the snowy cliffs desktop page showing on the Samsung.
If I press the side buttons on the Samsung I get the five "Picture, Colour, Size & Position, SetUp&Reset, and Information" options.
I navigate down to "SetUp&Reset" and press the right arrow button, and highlight "reset".
If I press the "Auto" button, I get a message saying "Auto Adjustment not available".
If I press the right arrow button, I get the "No/Yes" option. I navigate to YES, but there is no button that I can see that will activate the YES - the "Auto" button simply gives same message saying "Auto Adjustment not available".
buttons available are
X - press shows menu, press again removes menu
UP arrow - move selector up
DOWN arrow - move selector down
RIGHT arrow - moves to right, nothing more
AUTO button - press the "Auto" button, I get a message saying "Auto Adjustment not available".
POWER - on off only.
Its like there should be another button that "accepts" the command.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I think some of those commands may require a PC and the software that came with it.

-Is there anything in the manual that explains the button functions?
-Are you having any issues with it other than the control buttons not working fully?
-Maybe some of the controls only work with an analog VGA connection. Many digital inputs (DVI/HDMI) cannot be adjusted.

C

Ask a Question