Samsung Easy Printer Manager Communication Error

Reaction score
Hello I have a MacBook Pro 2012 running Mac OS X Sierra, and I have a Samsung c460fw laser collar printer and I am trying to make the option to scan from the printer (scan to pc option) to my Mac and when I go to communicate with the printer I have a communication error as follow.

Samsung Easy Printer Manager
Communication error : Please close and open this application again.

Does anyone know how to fix this annoying message I have tried to fix it all day and nothing worked.

I have been using the same option on my windows 10 pc and no problem. Just on my Mac.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.54.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.54.57 PM.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,821
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.55.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.55.30 PM.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 945
Reaction score
I do not have one of those printers, but when I did a google search of that printer's software and Sierra (Mac OS 10.12), it looks like there is no driver for it:

https://supportprinterdriver.com/samsung-xpress-c460fw-driver-download/

Maybe Samsung is angry at Apple with all the cell phone "wars"!

I use the excellent product VueScan for my scanning needs, but unfortunately it seems to not support your specific printer. It does have scanning support for the Samsung SL-C460 printer, but I dod not see the SL-C460FW one:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/samsung.html#scanner-drivers

Reaction score
Thanks honestone

That was the issue I think as I have reinstall mac os x el capitan and the issue was gone. Maybe your right that Samsung is having to deal with losses and they are giving pain to apple that way. It might be just that.

Now I can scan to my mac no problem thanks for the tip

Ask a Question