Safari allowing hijacking of web sites

Reaction score
safari doesnt seem to be able to effectively prevent some sites being hijacked have: ad blockers - malwarebytes - avg - but dosent work for safari, is there an extension that anyone knows of that can help ? using vivaldi for some sites but would like to keep safari as default browser

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,
  • Which version of OS X/macOS?
  • Which version of Safari?
  • Which websites in particular?
C

Reaction score
thanks for the response
mojave 10.14.6 safari 14.1.2 ( all updated) torrent sites audiobooks /movies also
free streaming sites...... yes they are dodgy sites
and when they become too much for safari to cope with vivaldi browser is used with little or no problems .......would like to keep safari as the default but the holes available worry me thinking what happens if a truly malevolent site gets stumbled on .....have heard that safari issues with
sites is fairly common.... is there any redress w/o compromising browsing....using; avg, malware bytes and adblock pro..........

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, gotcha.

I would guess that the older versions of Safari don't have the newer security features in more current versions of Safari and other current browsers - Vivaldi/Chrome/Firefox/etc. Not sure if any Safari Extensions would help, as I don't run any other that 1Password.

Honestly, since it is working better under Vivaldi, use it instead of Safari for those "dodgy" sites. ;)

C

Ask a Question