Safari, chrome & brave browser - continue where you left off not working - after using redquits

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Very new to macOS, on a Macbook air M1 with monterey.

I've installed Chrome and Brave browsers (apart from Safari), and can't get the "Continue where you left off" option to work..

(It's the option to return to the exact same tabs one has open after having closed and relaunched the browser.)

I am not sure if I have caused this myself, as I installed an app called redquits (http://www.carsten-mielke.com/redquits.html) at one point which made the red button fully quit an app - to "mimic" the windows functionality.

I have since uninstalled it, but the issue remains.

I have also tried

- starting in safe mode
- creating a new admin user
- erasing & resetting the entire system
- reinstalling monterey completely (the recovery method with starting the laptop with the power button pushed)

The issue remains.

Can someone please help me get this functionality back?

Many thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sounds like RedQuits may not be fully uninstalled, but if you did a complete erase and install, it must be.

In Safari > Preferences... > General, change Safari opens with: to All windows from last session.
In Chrome > Preferences... > On startup, click Continue where you left off

I am not sure about the setting in Brave, as I do not use it.

Hope that helps.

C

Ask a Question