SOLVED Safari Problem

Reaction score
When I use Safari to view a post, I do not see the content but when I use Chrome to view the same content, I see the content...... Please advise

This shown in Chrome

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 9.33.40 PM.jpg

And this is what I do not see in Safari

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 9.33.59 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

Its fine on Safari here. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 21.53.10.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 21.53.10.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
A clickable link rather than a screenshot?
Link here (note this is not a secure page):

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/504481/Don Mason Christmas Remembranc#Post504481

(This page is not linking the entire line but you can still copy the whole line and paste into your browser.)

I’m also able to get in from Safari, but I would not keep going there for security reasons. If Google Chrome works, why not just keep using it instead? Safari is more secure than Chrome, which is probably the reason for the failure.

@Ron: What version of Safari are you using?

Reaction score
OK.In Safari, I get the Father Christmas emoji in the first post, but not the video in the 06:16 post. However, it shows in Firefox. And it shows here. Could be a setting on that Forum?

Reaction score
OK.In Safari, I get the Father Christmas emoji in the first post, but not the video in the 06:16 post. However, it shows in Firefox. And it shows here. Could be a setting on that Forum?
I think it’s more likely that Safari has tighter security protocols than most other browsers. I switch between Safari and Safari Technology Preview for my default browsers (depending on which one works better than the other at any one time). And I do come across a good number of websites that do not load properly, or at all, in Safari. In cases where I really need to get on that page, I switch to other browsers for that purpose. I have MS Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera installed and I always manage to get connected one way or the other.

To make the task of switching easier, assuming you have altenative browsers installed, go to Safari preferences and select the Advanced tab. On the bottom, check the “Show Develop menu in the menu bar” option. The next time you come across a page that won’t open in Safari, choose Develop -> Open Page With and make your choice from the dropdown list.

Reaction score
After reading all comments , I am really leaning towards " TonyAguila's " advice.

To make the task of switching easier, assuming you have altenative browsers installed, go to Safari preferences and select the Advanced tab. On the bottom, check the “Show Develop menu in the menu bar” option. The next time you come across a page that won’t open in Safari, choose Develop -> Open Page With and make your choice from the dropdown list.

I will wait for the next big upgrade and see where that will go. I really want safari to work..

@TonyAguila. I am using Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)

Reaction score
After reading all comments , I am really leaning towards " TonyAguila's " advice.

I will wait for the next big upgrade and see where that will go. I really want safari to work..

@TonyAguila. I am using Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)
Ron, if you are partial to Safari, you may want to get Safari Technology Preview as an alternative. I switch back and forth between the two, depending on which one is working better. Right now I’m running the latter after Safari started displaying some “funky” behavior. I’m also concurrently running Firefox to stream my favorite classical music station (KDFC.com) because neither version of Safari works with that site. I’m not disappointed because I know that the two Safaris are offering me better protection.

Reaction score
Tony

Need some guidance with the Safari Technology Preview install........ Do I need join something ?

Ron

Reaction score
Tony

Need some guidance with the Safari Technology Preview install........ Do I need join something ?

Ron
Ron, you don’t have to be a developer nor enroll in the public beta program, I don’t think. Here are a couple of sources:

The pages come up for me immediately, but you may have to sign in initially with your Apple ID/password. Versions are specific to Big Sur or Monterey.

Once you have it installed, future updates will appear in System Preferences -> Software Update.

Reaction score
I have marked "Solved" .........But really, its a work around thanks to Tony..........Really looking forward to the next big upgrade !

Reaction score
I have marked "Solved" .........But really, its a work around thanks to Tony..........Really looking forward to the next big upgrade !
Thanks, Ron. You will find that issues are hardly ever fully solved. In addition to having both versions of Safari installed, I still recommend having alternate browsers available to you. MS Edge is very friendly and reliable. Chrome is… well, say what you will. Firefox and Opera are good too. I still bounce back and forth between the two Safaris whenever I feel the need, but they get better and better all the time, if not finicky with suspect web pages.

Ask a Question