Running Topaz AI software on Mac Pro

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully run Topaz Labs AI software on a Mac Pro 5.1 tower...? – If so, how was that machine otherwise equipped...? RAM...? – ...videocard..? – Topaz says it is doubtful they (the AI apps) could run, and if they did, they would run slowly....(the various AI applications Topaz make available...)
I'm using a Mac Pro 3.1 and wouldn't even try to see if it might work...not anywhere near possible is my understanding...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I personally haven't used the Topaz Labs software on any Macs. Honestly, I would follow the advice of Topaz Labs directly, as they would be the best source for compatibility.

Be well.

C

Reaction score
...yeah, problem was and is, in my opinion, that they are a bit ambiguous...in the beginning they were pretty clear on what was needed, but over time, they started to "drift" and now, they're not sure....that's why I went here to see if anyone had tested the parameters, so to speak and perhaps found something interesting...
Initially, Topaz stated that a fast and powerful video card was needed – check – a certain amount of ram was required – check – operating system no lower than a certain level – check....they have strayed from that...they have suggested "three levels of use" of (their) AI software – "possible" – "good" – "ideal"...."undefined borders"...."the truth is out there", but I haven't found it yet...

Ask a Question