Running OS 10.1 - 10.4 on an iMac (intel i5, OS 10.13)

Reaction score
Is there any way to emulate systems 10.1 - 10.4 with their OS 9 environment on an iMac with the intel i5 processor, running OS 10.13? It seems that the program Parallels won't do it. Any suggestions (sheep shearer, maybe)?

Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

-Did you contact Parallels directly? Sorry that didn't work out directly.
-Which version of Mathematica do you have and want to run?

There are only a couple of solutions then:
-SheepShaver - which probably won't work well with Mathematica, or even run in High Sierra, as discussed previously.
-Parallels with Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8 and Rosetta (PowerPC emulator for OS X on Intel Macs) - doubt this would work either
-Purchase an older Mac to run it on with an older version of OS X/OS 9
-Surrender and purchase the upgraded version ;)

C

Reaction score
Hello again,

-Did you contact Parallels directly? Sorry that didn't work out directly.
-Which version of Mathematica do you have and want to run?

There are only a couple of solutions then:
-SheepShaver - which probably won't work well with Mathematica, or even run in High Sierra, as discussed previously.
-Parallels with Snow Leopard Server 10.6.8 and Rosetta (PowerPC emulator for OS X on Intel Macs) - doubt this would work either
-Purchase an older Mac to run it on with an older version of OS X/OS 9
-Surrender and purchase the upgraded version ;)

C
Thanks, Cory. I've got an older Mac that runs 10.4 and can use that for Mathematica, and those older apps. But, would like to get them all going on the newer iMac. I've got to eventually move the old eMac out of this crowded room. I may try Rosetta, and see if SheepShaver does any good.

Michael

Ask a Question