iMac user running Logic 9, slow and sluggish across the board...

Reaction score
Hey y'all. This is the first time I've posted in a forum like this.

I bought my iMac 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, with 1TB Harddrive exactly 3 years ago. All I do is run Logic 9, and occasionally download some music/films.

In the last year or so, I began nearing my HD capacity and things started to get reeeeal sloowww. I let it get to about 96% full, and recently freed up 250GB of space. This hasn't helped nearly as much as I thought it would.

Any suggestions?

I have tried running logic in 64 bit mode, and not noticed a significant improvement.

I keep my buffer size at 1024 when programming/editing/mixing.

What are some fundamental things I need to look for within my system to get her running at full potential!??

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Two things I would do would be first repaiar permissions and secondly do a SMC reset. If you have not done these before use disk utility for permissions, and for an SMC reset look here
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Also would recommend always keeping at least 100GB free on HD.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Use Activity Monitor to see where the problem is.

Could be anything, but I would leave it on 24/7 for a full week and let it do all its housekeeping.

Ask a Question