Running a workflow after inactivity

Reaction score
Hello

I think i should start by describing what it is I am trying to do before I describe what i have done. There is a screen saver called Snowfall. It makes snowflakes float down your display. It can either put them over a color or over an image. I have been wanting to have it take a full screenshot and use that as the image it goes over. I have done it manually and it works very well, but everytime my screensaver activates, something different is up, so what i want to have it do is automatically take a screenshot and then use that as its background image.

However, this function is not built into Snowfall.

Instead, i opened automator (which i am a novice at using, but am already finding it frustrating with its apparent lack of actions) and made a little workflow which takes a screenshot, saves it as the target file of Snowfall, and then activates my screensaver.

What I would like to do is to make it so that when Mac OS X wants to run the screensaver, it runs the workflow, achieving the desired effect.

Is there a way to do this? :confused:

If not, maybe there is a way to make a workflow run after a period of inactivity, so instead of the screensaver activating the workflow, the workflow can be activated some other way.

I don't know if any of this is possible without programming an application to run in the background, monitoring activity (or lack thereof).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give :cool:

-Max "Mr. Macware"
The MacWare Podcast
www.macwarepodcast.com

Ask a Question