Running a SDD as well as a HDD help ?

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro 13" 2011 Intel i5 around 6 months ago I decided to apply a few upgrades so I purchased a Samsung 128GB EVO Pro SSD along with 8GB of RAM installed the RAM no problem and removed my optical drive bay and placed the factory shipped Toshiba HDD in the optical drive bay and put my new SSD in the standard HD slot. All has been working perfectly as I wanted for 6 months using the SSD as the startup disk and keeping all my applications on it whist using the Toshiba HDD for all my media etc. But now when I boot from the SSD none of my applications will load up and is unresponsive after a while my Mac heats up and eventually freezes forcing me to re boot, however when I change my startup disk to the Toshiba HDD everything works fine although much slowe naturally as its not running from the SSD, tried fresh install of Mavericks on both drives still same issue. Help please.

Reaction score
after a while my Mac heats up
The Macbooks are finely tuned heatsinks, messing with the internals is not recommended, You're not the first person with this problem. They breath through the drive slot.

Ask a Question